Ages 6 to 8
What are the best gifts for kids 6, 7, and 8 years old?
Our curated gifts for kids ages 6 to 8 toys focus on toys, books and other gifts that will really engage and delight kids. We avoid all things disposable and fast-fading, and instead choose what kids will want to play with for a long time. We've got fun kids' crafts, books that feed imaginations, unicorn and dinosaur themed gifts that are always a sure fire hit, and kid-tested toys that are as educational as they are fun.
For boys and girls ages 6, 7, and 8, our best selling toys are:
1. Maileg mice in a box! These sweet, high quality toys ignite imaginative play as kids generate stories for families of big and little brother and sister, mom and dad, and even baby mice. They can go to sleep with their bedding in their matchboxes, ride around in the matchboxes like cars, or go on any adventure they can dream up. The newest mice create even more play ideas with mice dressed as a chef, queen, king, and nurse - they even have interchangeable outfits!
2. Magnatabs! These fab toys are a best seller in our Ridgewood, NJ boutique. We have one at our craft table, and kids don't want to leave while playing with them. They're great for travel since they are completely self contained, and they satisfy kids' need to be tactile. We've just restocked so be sure to grab yours today before they're gone again!
3. Ooly Art Supplies! These unique art supplies are guaranteed to provide hours of fun and entertainment. From Scratch + Scribble Art sets to metallic colored pencils and from radiant color gel pens to cool sketchbooks these sets are a hit with kids of all ages!
4. Jellycats! Jellycat stuffed animals are the softest, cutest, cuddliest little guys around. With all their favorite creatures - and even fruits! - Jellycats always make a beloved gift that kids will enjoy for years. These softer-than-soft little guys make perfect gifts to brighten anyone's day.
5. Magnetic figure sets! These self-contained magnet sets are kind of like colorforms from when we were kids. They come in a magnetic travel box, and include mix and match magnets based on a theme like unicorns, princesses, dinosaurs, or superheroes. Fantastic for travel and restaurants, they keep kids off electronics and using their imaginations.
6. iScream slime and putty! These sets are great for tactile kids, and we have to admit that there's just something about them that makes you want to play! In an array of colors and metallics, you can find a combo for each child in your house.
Whether you're looking for Christmas gift ideas for kids or a holiday treat or a birthday surprise, our special gifts will stand out and get lots of play time. Engage them with a toy that will actually be used over and over again, and won't be outgrown in a blink. These toys are meant to last for years.